One of my all-time favorite things to do in NYC is check out a speakeasy. From vintage decor and secret entrances to cocktails made with classic ingredients by pro mixologists- NYC has some of the best there is! Yes, a lot of these take a lot of persistence or you may need to know a password, but luckily there are a few "accessible" ones I've ventured into. These are two of my favorite ones: Bathtub Gin and Apotheke
This is a perfect way for you to discover New York after work.
WHAT WE'LL DO:
We'll meet at your choice of one the speakeasies:
- Bathtub Gin: a speakeasy behind an innocuous door inside a coffee shop with 20s elegant ambience providing free burlesque shows by internationally renowned performers. We'll check out the nearby Chelsea Market (indoor food halls with 35+ vendors). Then, we'll walk over to this speakeasy to have a drink and enjoy the burlesque show.
- Apotheke: a speakeasy where Mixologists in pharmacist-style coats create your cocktails with local and organic produce from local greenmarkets or picked straight from their rooftop herb garden. We'll check out Chinatown where this speakeasy is located. This area is of course filled with some of the best chinese food, bubble teas and even exotic foods. Then, we'll walk over to this speakeasy to have a drink or two.
What I'll provide:
- Planning support before your trip
- Local outing to Chelsea Market or Chinatown
- 1 drink at the Speakeasy of your choice
- Post-outing support during your stay
Individual booking perks:
- A treat at Chelsea Market or Chinatown
- Book on your schedule (day and time)
Hi! I was raised in New Jersey. I have been working in Compliance for a reinsurance company in New York City's Financial District for the past 5 years- so I know all about downtown and its remarkable places! Also, I'm currently living in downtown Jersey City, NJ i.e NYC is practically my backyard!
I'd describe myself as a foodie (one of the reasons you'll always find me at the gym at least 4x a week) with a passion for dancing, traveling and meeting new people. My friends would describe me as very adventurous and someone who would try everything and anything at least once.